Thursday, May 6, 2010

Chapolote - Ancient Brown Popcorn

I've been making popcorn a lot lately. We used to use the microwave popcorn bowl, but after trying it in the cast iron pan on the stove I don't think I'm going to easily go back to the microwave popcorn. We had a four pound bag of popcorn from GFS and final started eating it and boy is it good. I had always wondered how to make popcorn on the stove and finally looked it up online. The instructions are very easy.

How to Make Popcorn in a Cast Iron Skillet these were some of the best directions I've seen.

I plan in the future to try an old variety of popcorn, but I didn't get it planted this year, maybe next year. It is called Chapolote "Pinole Maiz." It is one of the oldest varieties of popcorn, the only brown corn, is only sold by Native Seed Search, and is listed in the Ark of Taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment